20080116

15mmMen: The missing floppies

15mmMen is a more or less irregular comic I do for Battlefront and it revolves around the game Flames of War - some of the comics will only be understood by gamers "in the know" of the rules - others are (I expect) a bit more universal. It's more or less an even mix.

When Battlefront moved to a new site, they set me up with my very own gallery, but a couple of comics got lost in the process :(

The one I most get asked about is "The-Black-Knight-one".
Also known as "The-one-with-Meninobesta" (who is facing the Black Knight on this strip).
Also known to my PC as "strip 21".

Well - I of course have the originals, plus some sketches. So without further ado, I give you: "That one comic that had PG on it" (yet another alias) :)

Sketch with composition for the strip (If you click it, it will grow):


Strip in it's final online format (click it for full size):


And some more strips that went missing in the move:

"Big Game Night", featuring my friend, Firepigeon - btw, congrats on Geek of the Week #123 Manuel! (this one is a comic revolving about relative sizes of armies):


And "The Wargamers Creed" (a more general wargaming comic):


Some links of note:
15mmMen sketch book
15mmMen Gallery@Picasaweb
15mmMen Gallery@Battlefront

So all in all only 3 comics missing in some odd 40. Not bad :)

I'm currently on what (I hope) is a small break from 15mmMen. Because I'm bloody knackered :P

1 comment:

PAM said...

Hey Torradas!
Unquestionably one of my favorite 15mm strip!
You have the wargaming, the Monty Python humorous association (brilliantly revived by the one and only black "kah-ni-guit") and, of course, the, once again, awesome caricature of pêgê... the slayer shirt is really great. You should show more ;)

I really enjoy the "montage" you did with the sketch to see the result of the final strip!

Great work. Love the colors on all of the strips!
Keep on!